[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for the candidates

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Oct 12 21:22:50 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Ed Leafe <ed at leafe.com> wrote:
> In the past year or so, has there been anything that made you think “I wish the TC would do something about that!” ? If so, what was it, and what would you have wanted the TC to do about it?

I've been part of the TC during the past year (first time) but I still
have an answer to that question.
There is one thing I wish the TC would do more is to encourage
projects to grow and empower trust in certain projects.
Beside technical things, we want an healthy community and grow
developer's knowledge so OpenStack can be a better place to
contribute. I think some projects are doing well but some of them
might need some mentoring on that front (maybe from some TC members).
For example, I'm thinking about the way some projects handle core
reviewers elections and their metrics used to do so. I think the TC
might ensure that healthy metrics and discussion happen, so projects
can scale.

I'm happy to answer questions on that topic.

Thanks Ed for this first question :-)
--
Emilien Macchi