[openstack-dev] [tc][kolla][stable][security][infra][all] guidelines for managing releases of binary artifacts

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue May 30 21:54:35 UTC 2017

Based on two other recent threads [1][2] and some discussions on
IRC, I have written up some guidelines [3] that try to address the
concerns I have with us publishing binary artifacts while still
allowing the kolla team and others to move ahead with the work they
are trying to do.

I would appreciate feedback about whether these would complicate
builds or make them impossible, as well as whether folks think they
go far enough to mitigate the risks described in those email threads.

Doug

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/116677.html
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/117282.html
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469265/