[openstack-dev] [swg][tc] Moving Stewardship Working Group meeting

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Mar 16 09:17:44 UTC 2017

Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 8:15 AM, John Garbutt <john at johngarbutt.com
> <mailto:john at johngarbutt.com>> wrote:
>>     In the absence of tooling, could we replace the meeting with weekly
>>     email reporting current working streams, and whats planned next? That
>>     would include fixing any problems we face trying to work well
>>     together.
>
> This is a good idea, I've quite liked cdent's weekly placement update,
> maybe something similar, and others can chime in with their own updates/etc.

I was thinking we could use a status board to track the various
activities / objectives / threads. As part of the status board the
leader of each thread would provide a $time_interval update by a given
deadline, and the workgroup chair would collect them all and post them
(to a single email) on the ML.

The update could have predetermined sections: current status / progress,
assigned actions, open questions... If the open questions can't get
solved in the ML thread resulting from the $time_interval update, *then*
schedule an ad-hoc discussion on #openstack-swg between interested parties.

In terms of tooling, we can start by using a wiki page for tracking and
updates snippets. We can use framadate.org for ad-hoc discussion scheduling.

Combined with extra activity on the channel, I think that would preserve
all 3 attributes of the meeting (especially the $time_interval regular
kick in the butt to make continuous progress).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)