[openstack-dev] [ceilometer]Understandig ceilometer

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Jul 4 21:57:38 UTC 2017

On 04/07/17 05:14 AM, Gyorgy Szombathelyi wrote:
> - I understand that there is no collector service now. I know the old pipeline was: compute-agent->notification-agent->collector->storage(gnocchi).
> Now I assumed it should be compute-agent->storage(gnocchi).
> However I found out it is a bit different: compute-agent->notification-agent->storage. Is it the intended behavior or just a configuration error on my side?

there is no storage service now. ceilometer is just collection.

compute-agent->notification-agent->gnocchi is correct. there is no way
to publish directly from polling agents to storage currently (not
without hacking). i'm personally not against having polling agent push
to gnocchi directory but it's just not there currently.

> - I found no gnocchi at the publishers, but it is still there at the dispatchers. How is it used as a publisher? Just with some magic transformation, publishers: -gnocchi:// is
> translated into using the direct publisher?

we haven't ported over gnocchi to publisher. it's still a dispatcher
with a publisher alias. there is a work item for this and it's pretty
simple, we just didn't do it (yet). i would think it will be done in
Pike since we ideally want to remove all dispatchers in Queen.

cheers,

--
gord