[openstack-dev] [ceilometer]Understandig ceilometer

Gyorgy Szombathelyi gyorgy.szombathelyi at doclerholding.com
Tue Jul 4 09:14:50 UTC 2017

Hi!

I try to dig into the inner workings of ceilometer, and there are things I couldn't figure out:

- I understand that there is no collector service now. I know the old pipeline was: compute-agent->notification-agent->collector->storage(gnocchi).
Now I assumed it should be compute-agent->storage(gnocchi).
However I found out it is a bit different: compute-agent->notification-agent->storage. Is it the intended behavior or just a configuration error on my side?

- I found no gnocchi at the publishers, but it is still there at the dispatchers. How is it used as a publisher? Just with some magic transformation, publishers: -gnocchi:// is
translated into using the direct publisher?

Br,
György