[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] TC Report 49

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Thu Dec 7 21:20:43 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 05:28:53PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2017-12-07 17:08:55 +0000 (+0000), Graham Hayes wrote:
> [...]
> > It is worth remembering that this is a completely separate project to
> > OpenStack, with its own governance. They are free not to use our tooling
> > (and considering a lot of containers work is on github, they may never
> > use it).
>
> Right. We'd love it of course if they decide they want to, and the
> Infra team is welcoming and taking the potential needs of these
> other communities into account in some upcoming refactoring of
> services and new features, but to a great extent they're on their
> own journeys and need to decide for themselves what tools and
> solutions will work best for their particular contributors and
> users. The OpenStack community sets a really great example I expect
> many of them will want to emulate and converge on over time, but
> that works better if they come to those sorts of conclusions on
> their own rather than being told what to do/use.
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

It seems there is atleast some services they'd be interested in using, mailman
for example.  Does this mean it would be a-la-carte services, where new projects
mix and match which things they'd like to be managed and not?

As for being told what to do/use, I'm sure there much be some process in place
or something we want, to give an overview of the services we already available,
and why a project might want to use them.  But agree with comments about 'own
journeys and need to decide fro themselves'.