[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] TC Report 49

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Dec 7 17:28:53 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-07 17:08:55 +0000 (+0000), Graham Hayes wrote:
[...]
> It is worth remembering that this is a completely separate project to
> OpenStack, with its own governance. They are free not to use our tooling
> (and considering a lot of containers work is on github, they may never
> use it).

Right. We'd love it of course if they decide they want to, and the
Infra team is welcoming and taking the potential needs of these
other communities into account in some upcoming refactoring of
services and new features, but to a great extent they're on their
own journeys and need to decide for themselves what tools and
solutions will work best for their particular contributors and
users. The OpenStack community sets a really great example I expect
many of them will want to emulate and converge on over time, but
that works better if they come to those sorts of conclusions on
their own rather than being told what to do/use.
--
Jeremy Stanley