[openstack-dev] [Neutron][qos] Question about behavior expectations if network policy is set

Irena Berezovsky irenab.dev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:23:47 UTC 2016

Mike,
As per QoS spec  [1], the behavior is:
``QoS policies could be applied:

   - Per network: All the ports plugged on the network where the QoS policy
   is

   applied get the policy applied to them.
   - Per port: The specific port gets the policy applied, when the port had
   any

   network policy that one is overridden.``

As David mentioned, empty policy is probably the way to deal with the case
that there is qos network policy defined, but for some reason specific port
should be kept without the policy.  There is an option to have certain port
types to be left without policy and you can define such behavior in the
plugin.
But anyway, this is not something that is reflected at the DB or Plugin
layer, and should be handled by the QoS backend driver.
[1]
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/neutron-specs/specs/liberty/qos-api-extension.html

BR,
Irena