[openstack-dev] [Neutron][qos] Question about behavior expectations if network policy is set

Shaughnessy, David david.shaughnessy at intel.com
Fri Sep 2 08:58:56 UTC 2016

Hi Michael.
When you update a network with a qos_policy_id it updates all ports on that network too [1].
If you want to have a port on that network without any QoS features on it you can make a policy with no rules attached.
This empty policy would override the networks QoS policy when it's attached to a port.
Hope that answers your question.
Regards.
David.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/plugins/ml2/drivers/openvswitch/agent/ovs_neutron_agent.py#L427-L437