[openstack-dev] [Rally] Rename some placeholders in task HTML report

Aleksandr Maretskiy amaretskiy at mirantis.com
Thu Sep 1 11:56:04 UTC 2016

Hi all,

this is about terminology in Rally task HTML report.

Some placeholders sounds not accurate and another even confusing,
which causes repeated questions and even bug reports like [1].

That is why I would like to discuss renaming here.

Please take a look at attached "demo.png", there are 3 placeholders to
discuss:

1) Menu item "Task overview"

Report can be generated for workloads from a single task or from 1000 tasks,
however overview table shows workloads data, not task(s).
So I recommend to rename this placeholder.

Proposals:

 * Overview
 * Workloads overview
 * Summary
 * ... ideas?

2) Subtitle "Total durations"

"Total" is something complete or summarized, however there is a statistics
values table under this header. The table is about durations statistics
(both atomic actions and iterations load durations).

Proposals:

 * Durations
 * Durations statistics
 * ... ideas?

3) Action "total" in durations statistics table

That is the most confusing placeholder, because it is easy to suppose
that this row is for summarized values for each column.
But this row is actually about iterations "load_duration" values.

Proposals:

 * iteration duration
 * load duration
 * load_duration