[openstack-dev] [murano][app-catalog] FFE request for dashboard reorg

Kirill Zaitsev kzaitsev at mirantis.com
Thu Sep 1 11:46:28 UTC 2016

I would like to request an FFE for murano/appcatalog-dashboard-reorg https://blueprints.launchpad.net/murano/+spec/catalog-dashboard-reorg
A little back story: we’ve agreed to start merging murano-dashboard and app-catalog-ui under the same structure back in Austin. For app-catalog-ui the process is pretty easy and straightforward, since it’s mostly a js/angular style plugin to horizon. But for murano-dashboard it required a bit more work with tests and renames. The job is finished there, i.e we have green set of patches for murano-dashboard https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/catalog-dashboard-reorg Here is the link to the etherpad we used to coordinate the activities https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/apps-dashboard-structure

What still needs to be done: update app-catalog-ui for the new structure (a pretty straightforward patch) and make sure, that both parties agree on the new structure of the dashboard.

Overall I see the changes as mostly safe and not bringing any new features/functionalities to the dashboard.

My ETA for landing the code/agreeing on the new structure is end of next week.

Since I’m the one who should approve this FFE from murano side — I’m going to consider it granted for murano, unless there are some objections. Feel free to sound your concerns if any =)

--
Kirill Zaitsev
Murano Project Tech Lead