[openstack-dev] [all][tc] "production line" changes to multiple projects

ZZelle zzelle at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 12:28:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

Project .gitignore should specify untracked files related only to the
project and developers should specify in their local .gitignore untracked
files related to the way they develop.

It seems to be git-scm[1] recommandation:

*Patterns which a user wants Git to ignore in all situations (e.g., backup
or temporary files generated by the user’s editor of choice) generally go
into a file specified by core.excludesFile in the user’s ~/.gitconfig. Its
default value is $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/git/ignore. If $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is either
not set or empty, $HOME/.config/git/ignore is used instead.*

Cedric/ZZelle at IRC

[1] https://git-scm.com/docs/gitignore