[openstack-dev] [all][tc] "production line" changes to multiple projects

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Sat Oct 22 11:52:24 UTC 2016

Is there something we can do about the "production line" changes like

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/Update+.gitignore+to+ignore+.idea+of+PyChar

These kinds of changes, and this is by no means the only one, are aimed at
bringing 'standardization' to all OpenStack projects. Unfortunately, when
all projects don't agree with the attempt at standardization, we end up with
a lack of standardization across OpenStack.

How do we go about handling these kinds of changes that are causing a fair
amount of churn with little real benefit? Is there anything we can do or is
the best recommendation that projects just grin and bear it?

-amrith