[openstack-dev] [all][stable] Moving stable/mitaka to Phase-II and liberty to Phase-III

Steve Martinelli s.martinelli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:07:11 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 08:42:48AM +0200, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
>
> > I think it would also make sense to *release* on the boundary of the
> switch;
> > so that it’s clear which phase a release followed.
>
> What do PTLs / stable CPLs think?

I would be for this, or at least encourage it. I've tried to do this with
keystone as well. When one release wraps up, I go through potential
candidates to backport and release a new version. I did this with mitaka
when we tagged newton rc1 (
https://github.com/openstack/releases/commit/1b0f12e1691fca956ae8d69cbc41737958a0a27f),
and I did this with liberty when we tagged mitaka rc1.