[openstack-dev] [nova] [telemetry] PostgreSQL gate broken

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Nov 26 16:24:20 UTC 2016

On 11/25/2016 11:03 AM, John Garbutt wrote:

> So Nova did stop gating on PostgreSQL a little while back:
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-August/101892.html
>
> We probably need help to turn that back on, but will need help tidying
> that job up I believe. Any takers to look into tidying that job up,
> and getting it non-voting on the check queue?
>
> Thanks,
> John

It wasn't just nova, it was the integrated gate, so any project running
integrated-gate jobs, which was a lot.

We got little value from that job, except I guess in this one case.

As noted in that thread, there was a reason for removing it, not least
of which is needing to remove some jobs when we want to add coverage for
other new ones.

If someone wants to try and get it back in the experimental queue for
nova, that's fine with me as it's then an on-demand job, but I'm -1 on
adding it back to the nova check queue, non-voting or otherwise. We
already have a lot of jobs running on nova and we get high failure rates
with few people investigating the underlying bugs. If we were to add
postgresql back into the CI mix in a voting way, it would need to be in
an existing job.

Matt Riedemann