[openstack-dev] [devstack] Need some suggestion for a patch on liberty branch

Bruce Tan brucetan at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 24 08:18:03 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I am writing to ask suggestion about how to move one patch [1] forward.

This patch is to fix a problem that tempest configuration on liberty is 
not setting "api_extensions", and any test case that verifies API 
extensions NOT on Liberty will get a FALSE POSITIVE (because we used 
"all" in configuration instead of listing all available extensions 
explicitly), and lead to test failure.
The same issue is also on Mitaka, and the counterpart [2] is merged.
(Maybe I should have reported such issues formally as a bug in the first 

This patch has being waiting for review for more than a month, and 
another patch (adding new test cases to Tempest) depending on it got 
workflow one month ago but had to wait for this one to get merged.

I understand that Liberty is not our priority, and it will be EOL soon. 
So I am not sure if I would continue pursuing the patch getting merged, 
or should I wait until Liberty is EOL so that liberty tests get removed 
from Jenkins?

Thank you in advance.

[1] : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/380066/
[2] : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/386886/

Best regards,
Bruce Tan

More information about the OpenStack-dev mailing list