[openstack-dev] [Kuryr] Docker failed to add an existed network with GW interface already created

Liping Mao (limao) limao at cisco.com
Thu May 26 09:31:08 UTC 2016

Hi Vikas, Antoni and Kuryr team,

When I use kuryr, I notice kuryr will failed to add an existed
network with gateway interface already created by neutron[1][2].

The bug is because kuryr will create a neutron port for gw
port in ipam_request_address.

I think kuryr should not do actual create neutron gw port at all.
Because CNM module do not have concept map with Neutron vRouter.
Till now, user have to use neutron api to attach GW port in
private network with vRouter. So I think the Kuryr should not
actually create GW port.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/kuryr/+bug/1584286
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/319524/4

Regards,
Liping Mao