[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [Shotgun] Decoupling Shotgun from Fuel

Evgeniy L eli at mirantis.com
Thu Mar 31 10:32:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

Problems which I see with current Shotgun are:
1. Luck of parallelism, so it's not going to fetch data fast enough from
medium/big clouds.
2. There should be an easy way to run it manually (it's possible, but there
is no ready-to-use config), it would be really helpful in case if
Nailgun/Astute/MCollective are down.

As far as I know 1st is partly covered by Ansible, but the problem is it
executes a single task in parallel, so there is probability that lagging
node will slow down fetching from entire environment.
Also we will have to build a tool around Ansible to generate playbooks.

Thanks,