[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [Shotgun] Decoupling Shotgun from Fuel

Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala tnapierala at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 30 14:18:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

Do we have any requirements for the new tool? Do we know what we don’t like about current implementation, what should be avoided, etc.? Before that we can only speculate.
From my ops experience, shotgun like tools will not work conveniently on medium to big environments. Even on medium env amount of logs is just too huge to handle by such simple tool. In such environments better pattern is to use dedicated log collection / analysis tool, just like StackLight.
At the other hand I’m not sure if ansible is the right tool for that. It has some features (like ‘fetch’ command) but in general it’s a configuration management tool, and I’m not sure how it would act under such heavy load.

Regards,