[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] deprecation of icehosue/juno/kilo branches

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Fri Mar 25 15:36:13 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

These branches are essentially unmaintained and we have completely given up on them.  That's ok - they were paths of our development.  I didn't really want to branch them in the first place, but the community demanded it, so I delivered that :)

Now that our architecture is fairly stable in liberty and mitaka, I think it makes sense to do the following
1.. tag each of the above branches with icehosue-eol, juno-eol, kilo-eol
2. Ask infrastructure to remove the branches from git

This is possible; I have just verified in openstack-infra.  I'd like a vote from the core review team.  If you would like to see the kilo branch stay, please note that, and if there is a majority on icehosue/juno but not kilo I'll make the appropriate arrangements with openstack-infra.

I will leave voting open for 1 week until Saturday April 2nd.  I will close voting early if there is a majority vote.

Regards
-steve