[openstack-dev] Which projects support wsgi / python3 in mitaka?

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Fri Mar 25 17:42:55 UTC 2016

On 03/25/2016 12:27 PM, Brant Knudson wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Matthew Thode
> <prometheanfire at gentoo.org <mailto:prometheanfire at gentoo.org>> wrote:
>
>     I'm updating the packaging for openstack in preparation for the release
>     and need some info to update correctly.  I'm specifically looking at the
>     following services.
>
>     I don't know if any of these services support python3 fully as a service
>     (liberty was kinda wishy washy on that).  Even if it supports python3,
>     which version, 3.4 or 3.4 or 3.5 (or multiple).
>
>     keystone - probably - keystone/server/wsgi.py
>

> For keystone you should use bin/keystone-wsgi-public and
> bin/keystone-wsgi-admin as the wsgi entrypoints. The gate tests use
> keystone running under mod_wsgi in apache httpd. We've also got a test
> in keystone that uses uwsgi as the container.
>
> Keystone doesn't support python 3 in M.
>
>  - Brant

Thanks, I'll likely remove our init scripts for keystone (they started
up keystone directly using the non-wsgi method).  I'll also add a note
to either use the scripts you mentioned directly (not really good for
prod I think) and direct them to use wsgi though apache2/wsgi or uwsgi.

--
-- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)