[openstack-dev] [Heat] PTL Candidacy

Thomas Herve therve at redhat.com
Thu Mar 17 13:38:00 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce my candidacy for PTL of Heat for the Newton cycle.

The project and the community are in a good place in my opinion currently, both
diverse and active. As much as possible I'd like to continue encourage and
improve that.

Heat is being used more and more by projects inside OpenStack. As we know first
hand, being broken by other projects is not a great experience, so I want to
make sure we don't do this. I believe it goes by being proactive (taking care
of compatibility, making sure gates are not broken before merging) and reactive
(handle issues promptly, not being afraid of reverts).

On the other hand, I also want to reach application deployment outside of
OpenStack itself, with a focus on documentation, and improving our
heat-templates repository.

I don't believe we should work much on particular features outside of
continuing our resource coverage. Pushing convergence, and working on
scalability and performance sounds like what we should aim for in the near
future.

All of that said, being PTL is also a lot about release coordination, which I
hope to learn with the help of our successful lineage of PTLs.

Thanks!

--
Thomas