[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-11, July 18-22

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Jul 15 14:37:22 UTC 2016

Focus
-----

Major feature work should be well under way as we pass the second
milestone.

General Notes
-------------

Keep in mind that we freeze releases of all libraries between the third
milestone and the final release to give downstream packagers time to vet
the libraries. Only emergency bug fix updates are allowed during that
period, not releases for FFEs. Prioritize any feature work that includes
work in libraries to ensure that it can be completed and the library
released before the freeze.

Release Actions

A few projects have not yet submitted their newton-2 milestone tag. See
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-July/099335.html
for details.

Important Dates

Library release freeze date starting R-6, Aug 25.

Newton 3 milestone, Sept 1

Newton release schedule: http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html