[openstack-dev] [telemetry][ceilometer] New project: collectd-ceilometer-plugin

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Mon Jan 25 17:12:24 UTC 2016

you can consider ceilometer database (and api) as an open-ended model
designed to capture the full fidelity of a datapoint (something useful
for auditing, post processing). alternatively, gnocchi is a strongly
type model which captures only required data.

in the case of ceilometer -> gnocchi, the measurement data ceilometer
collects is sent to gnocchi and mapped to specific resource types[1].
here we define all the resources and the metric mappings available. with
regards to collectd, i'm just wondering what additional metrics are
added and possibly any interesting metadata?

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/etc/ceilometer/gnocchi_resources.yaml

On 25/01/2016 9:21 AM, Foley, Emma L wrote:
> I'm not overly familiar with Gnocchi, so I can't answer that off the bat, but I would be looking for answers to the following questions:
> What changes need to be made to gnocchi to accommodate regular data from ceilometer?
> Is there anything additional in Gnocchi's data model that is not part of Ceilometer?
>
> Regards,
> Emma

gord