[openstack-dev] [cinder][openstackclient] Required name option for volumes, snapshots and backups

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:53:55 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016, Duncan Thomas <duncan.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about commands the become ambiguous in the future? I doubt there are
> many operations or objects that are unique to Cinder - backup, snapshot,
> transfer, group, type - these are all very much generic, and even if they
> aren't ambiguous now, they might well become so in future

This is one reason I phrase this as "name the resource" and not "add
API name"..  The text you use may not always be the API name.  I do not
have an example of this for Volume, but in Compute "flavor" is a good
example, as it would (will someday soon) be named "server flavor".  That is
also an example of it taking >3 years for a resource to need qualifying.

dt

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com