[openstack-dev] [oslo][oslo.config] Reloading configuration of service

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Sep 17 11:35:41 UTC 2015

Excerpts from mhorban's message of 2015-09-17 10:26:28 +0300:
> Hi Doug,
>
>  > Rather than building hooks into oslo.config, why don't we build them
>  > into the thing that is catching the signal. That way the app can do lots
>  > of things in response to a signal, and one of them might be reloading
>  > the configuration.
>
> Hm... Yes... It is really stupid idea to put reloading hook into
> oslo.config.
> I'll move that hook mechanism into oslo.service. oslo.service is
> responsible for catching/handling signals.
>
> Is it enough to have one callback function? Or should I must add ability
> to register many different callback functions?
>
> What is your point of view?
>
> Marian

We probably want the ability to have multiple callbacks. There are
already a lot of libraries available on PyPI for handling "events" like
this, so maybe we can pick one of those that is well maintained and
integrate it with oslo.service?

Doug