[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] PTL Non-Candidacy

Kevin Carter kevin.carter at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Sep 14 21:02:26 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

TL;DR - I'm sending this out to announce that I won't be running for PTL of the OpenStack-Ansible project in the upcoming cycle. Although I won't be running for PTL, with community support, I intend to remain an active contributor just with more time spent more cross project and in other upstream communities.

Being a PTL has been difficult, fun, and rewarding and is something I think everyone should strive to do at least once. In the the upcoming cycle I believe our project has reached the point of maturity where its time for the leadership to change. OpenStack-Ansible was recently moved into the "big-tent" and I consider this to be the perfect juncture for me to step aside and allow the community to evolve under the guidance of a new team lead. I share the opinions of current and former PTLs that having a revolving door of leadership is key to the success of any project [0]. While OpenStack-Ansible has only recently been moved out of Stackforge and into the OpenStack namespace as a governed project (I'm really excited about that) I've had the privileged of working as the project technical lead ever since it's inception at Rackspace with the initial proof of concept known as "Ansible-LXC-RPC". It's been an amazing journey so far and I'd like to thank everyone that's helped make OpenStack-Ansible (formally OSAD) possible; none of this would have happened without the contributions made by our devout and ever growing community of deployers and developers.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you all online and in Tokyo.

[0] - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-September/074242.html

--

Kevin Carter
IRC: cloudnull