[openstack-dev] [ceilometerclient] Updating global-requirements caps.

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Sep 10 23:26:28 UTC 2015

Hi all,
    In trying to fix a few stable/juno issues we need to release a new version
of ceilometerclient for stable/juno.  This email is to try and raise awareness
so that if the proposal is bonkers [1] we can come up with something better.

This isn't currently possible due to the current caps in juno and kilo.

The proposed fix is to:

. update g-r in master (liberty): python-ceilometerclient>=1.2
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/222386/
. update g-r in stable/kilo: python-ceilometerclient>=1.1.1,<1.2
. release a sync of stable/kilo g-r to stable/kilo python-ceilometerclient as 1.1.1
. update g-r in stable/juno: python-ceilometerclient<1.1.0,!=1.0.13,!=1.0.14
. release 1.0.15 with a sync of stable/juno g-r

The point is, leave 1.0.x for juno, 1.1.x for kilo and >=1.2 for liberty

This is being tracked as: https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-ceilometerclient/+bug/1494516

There is a secondary issue if getting the (juno) gate in a shape where we can
actually do all of that.

Yours Tony.
[1] Bonkers is a recognized technical term right?