[openstack-dev] [aodh][ceilometer] (re)introducing Aodh - OpenStack Alarming

Qiming Teng tengqim at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 9 10:20:48 UTC 2015

Hi, Gord,

Good to know there will be a team dedicated to this alarming service.
After reading your email, I still feel a need for some clarifications.

- According to [1], Aodh will be released as a standalone service,
  am I understanding this correctly?

- What is the official name for this new serivce when it stands on its
  own feet: "Telemetry Alarming" or just "Alarming" or something else?
  We will need a name for this to support in OpenStack SDK.

- There will be a need to create endpoints for Aodh in keystone? Or it
  is just a 'library' for ceilometer, sharing the same API endpoint and
  the same client with ceilometer?

- The original email mentioned that "the client can still be used and
  redirect to Aodh". Could you please clarify where the redirection will
  happen? It is a client side redirection or a ceilometer-server side
  redirection? I'm asking this because we sometimes program the REST
  APIs directly.

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projects.yaml#n64

Regards,