[openstack-dev] [aodh][ceilometer] (re)introducing Aodh - OpenStack Alarming

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Sep 9 12:42:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 09 2015, Qiming Teng wrote:

> - According to [1], Aodh will be released as a standalone service,
>   am I understanding this correctly?

Yes.

> - What is the official name for this new serivce when it stands on its
>   own feet: "Telemetry Alarming" or just "Alarming" or something else?
>   We will need a name for this to support in OpenStack SDK.

I think it would be "alarming". Does that sounds good enough to
everyone?
I'm not a native speaker and I'm never sure if "alarming" is a good term
here.

> - There will be a need to create endpoints for Aodh in keystone? Or it
>   is just a 'library' for ceilometer, sharing the same API endpoint and
>   the same client with ceilometer?

Yes, you need to create endpoint in Keystone.

> - The original email mentioned that "the client can still be used and
>   redirect to Aodh". Could you please clarify where the redirection will
>   happen? It is a client side redirection or a ceilometer-server side
>   redirection? I'm asking this because we sometimes program the REST
>   APIs directly.

It's actually both, we do the redirect on the client side, but if people
uses the REST API directly there's also a 301 code returned.

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker