[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins] Deployment order with custom role

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Mon Sep 7 09:12:42 UTC 2015

Hi Swann,

> However, we still need deployment order between independent
> plugins and it seems impossible to define the priorities

There's no such things like priorities for now.. perhaps we can
introduce some kind of anchors instead of priorities, but that's
another story.

Currently the only way to synchronize two plugins is to make one to
know about other one. That means you need to properly setup "requires"
field:

    - id: my-plugin-b-task
      type: puppet
      role: [my-plugin-b-role]
      required_for: [post_deployment_end]
      requires: [post_deployment_start, PLUGIN-A-TASK]
      parameters:
        puppet_manifest: some-puppet.pp
        puppet_modules: /etc/puppet/modules
        timeout: 3600