[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Introducing ironic-lib 0.1.0

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Fri Sep 4 00:24:00 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm proud to announce the initial release of ironic-lib! This library
was built to share code between various Ironic projects. The initial
release contains an up-to-date copy of Ironic's disk partitioning code,
to be shared between Ironic and ironic-python-agent.

At the beginning of the Mitaka cycle, we'll begin to refactor Ironic to
use this code, and also start using it in IPA to be able to deploy
partition images, support ephemeral volumes, etc., without relying on
iSCSI.

PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ironic-lib
Git: http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ironic-lib/
Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/ironic-lib
global-requirements patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/219011/

As always, questions/comments/concerns welcome. :)

// jim