[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Liberty release plans

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Fri Sep 4 00:18:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I wanted to lay down my thoughts on the rest of the cycle here.

As you may know, we recently released Ironic 4.0.0. We've also released
python-ironicclient 0.8.0 and ironic-lib 0.1.0 this week. Yay!

I'd like to do two more server releases this cycle.

* 4.1.0 - minor release to clean up some bugs on 4.0.0. The last
  patch[0] I wanted in this is in the gate right now. I'd like to
  release this on Tuesday, September 8.

* 4.2.0 - this will become the stable/liberty branch. I'd like to
  release this in coordination with the rest of OpenStack's RC releases,
  and backport bug fixes as necessary, releasing 4.2.x for those.

I've made lists of features and bugs we want to land in 4.2.0 on our
whiteboard[1]. Let's try to prioritize code and review for those as much
as possible.

I'd like to try to release 4.2.0 on Thursday, September 24. As such, I'd
like reviewers to respect a soft code freeze beginning on Thursday,
September 17. I don't want to say "don't merge features", but please
don't merge anything risky after that date.

As always, questions/comments/concerns welcome.

// jim

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/219398/
[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard