[openstack-dev] [mistral] Displaying wf hierarchy in CLI

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Wed Sep 2 07:28:46 UTC 2015

> On 31 Aug 2015, at 23:47, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Would u guys have any use for the following being split out into its own library?
>
> https://github.com/openstack/taskflow/blob/master/taskflow/types/tree.py

Do you mean we could move this, for instance, into oslo somewhere? Taskflow itself is in oslo as well, of course, I rather mean “somewhere else in oslo”.

> It already has a pformat method that could be used to do your drawing of the 'tree'...
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/taskflow/types.html#taskflow.types.tree.Node.pformat
>
> Might be useful for u folks? Taskflow uses it to be able to show information that is tree-like to the developer/user for similar purposes (it also supports using pydot to dump things out in dot graph format):
>
> For example http://tempsend.com/A8AA89F397/4663/car.pdf is the graph of an example (in particular https://github.com/openstack/taskflow/blob/master/taskflow/examples/build_a_car.py)

Yeah, that looks interesting. I think it can work out for our case. We just need to come to agreement on what exactly we want to display.

Thanks, Joshua.

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.