[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Dave Walker email at daviey.com
Fri May 29 19:43:44 UTC 2015

On 29 May 2015 7:41 pm, "Matt Riedemann" <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

> This, IMO, is about the only time right now that I see doing point
releases on stable as worthwhile.  In other words, things have been very
touchy in stable for at least the last 6 months, so in the rare moments of
stability with the gate on stable is when I'd cut a release before the next
gate breaker.  You can get some examples of why here:
<SNIP>

I disagree this would help things, as every commit that lands the gate was
perfectly functional at that time by definition.

It is usually retrospection that the gate falls to pass, with the usual
case being changing of bound direct or indirect dependencies.

If we grab a recent point release tarball, and put it back through the gate
with the same declared requirement bounding - it will still fail (even
though it passed when the release was cut).

--
Kind Regards,
Dave Walker