[openstack-dev] [glance][pbr][requirements] Broken requirements?

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Mar 23 13:12:27 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Andreas Jaeger's message of 2015-03-23 13:16:05 +0100:
> The translation jobs [1] are failing since a requirements job merged [2]
> with:
>
>     error in setup command: 'install_requires' must be a string or list
> of strings containing valid project/version requirement specifiers
>
> requirements.txt now contains "oslo.policy~=0.3.1 # Apache-2.0".
>
> Is this requirements line wrong - or is pbr broken?
>
> Interesting that gate-glance-requirements [3] was successful, I would
> have expected it to fail since global requirements file contains
> "oslo.policy>=0.3.1,<0.4.0"
>
> What is the proper solution to fix this?
>
> I'll send a patch now for fixing the requirements in glance but I wonder
> whether anything else needs to be done,

Some of the test nodes apparently have older versions of setuptools that
don't understand the ~= syntax. We pushed through a patch last week to
change to the older syntax for expressing the compatible range using >=
and <. Updating your requirements file to match that should fix the
problem.

Doug