[openstack-dev] [glance][pbr][requirements] Broken requirements?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Mar 23 12:16:05 UTC 2015

The translation jobs [1] are failing since a requirements job merged [2]
with:

    error in setup command: 'install_requires' must be a string or list
of strings containing valid project/version requirement specifiers

requirements.txt now contains "oslo.policy~=0.3.1 # Apache-2.0".

Is this requirements line wrong - or is pbr broken?

Interesting that gate-glance-requirements [3] was successful, I would
have expected it to fail since global requirements file contains
"oslo.policy>=0.3.1,<0.4.0"

What is the proper solution to fix this?

I'll send a patch now for fixing the requirements in glance but I wonder
whether anything else needs to be done,

Andreas

[1]
https://jenkins.openstack.org/job/glance-propose-translation-update/341/console
https://jenkins.openstack.org/job/glance-upstream-translation-update/377/console

[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/162368

[3]
http://logs.openstack.org/68/162368/16/gate/gate-glance-requirements/103124a/console.html
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)