[openstack-dev] [os-ansible-deployment] new features needing reviewers

Kevin Carter kevin.carter at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Jun 30 19:50:50 UTC 2015

Hello all,

The os-ansible-deployment/OpenStack-Ansible project is gearing up for a couple feature drops and looking for reviews from interested people within the greater deployer/operator/dev community to ensure that we're developing the features/support people are looking for.

Ceilometer:
  This review[0] completes the ceilometer blueprint[1] which adds support for ceilometer throughout the stack. While the change doesn't bring with it a salable mongodb deployment the solution does add ceilometer to OSAD as a first class capability and is tested using mongodb via our gate scripts. That said, if anyone knows of or has an Ansible solution for deploying, managing, and scaling mongodb we'd love to review, contribute, and pull it in as an external dependency when deploying Ceilometer with OSAD.

Ceph:
  This review[2] adds ceph support for the various OpenStack service that can consume ceph. This is not a way to deploy a ceph infrastructure using Ansible, for that we're still recommending the upstream ceph playbooks/roles[3]. Additionally, this is not implementing ceph as a replacement to swift.

These reviews are presently targeted at "master" which is gating on upstream liberty but we're intending to bring these changes into our kilo branch, which is tracking upstream kilo, to be released with the 11.1.0 tag and is scheduled to drop in the next few weeks[4]. We have lots of new goodness coming for 11.1.0 but these two features are largish so we'd appreciate some additional feedback/reviews. If you have some time and are interested in the OSAD project, we'd love to hear from you.

--

Kevin Carter

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/173067/
[1] https://github.com/stackforge/os-ansible-deployment-specs/blob/master/specs/kilo/implement-ceilometer.rst