[openstack-dev] [all] grenade with external plugins for the big tent - how to use
chdent at redhat.com
Sun Jun 28 19:02:22 UTC 2015
On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Sean Dague wrote:
> And... you should be good to go. Additional questions on moving forward,
> or clarifications in the documentation, can be handled on this thread or
> in the #openstack-qa channel.
I finally got started on this today but am having some issues,
likely because I am trying to do too many things at once.
I started extracting ceilometer from devstack into its own plugin.
This is working in local tests.
It revealed that it would likely be problematic without there also being
a grenade plugin. So I started that too.
* Is it necessary for the plugins to merge to master before testing
can completely or is there a clean way to reference the plugins
before they have merged?
* How do branches come into play in any of this, if at all?
* Are there particular issues that come up with projects like
Ceilometer where the goal is to move an existing project out of
both devstack and grenade?
Links to the various related reviews below. I'm sure I've gotten
parts wrong and missed bits, but I figured I'd get starting points
in place and iterate.
There is quite a stack of interdependent patches making this go,
they can all be found by starting at the devstack change which
The other patches are:
* The actual devstack plugin for ceilo:
* Setting the plugins in project config:
* The start of the grenade plugin:
* Removing ceilometer from grenade:
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
More information about the OpenStack-dev