[openstack-dev] Newb looking to contribute

Jeff Learman jeff.learman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 19:33:43 UTC 2015

Big help!  Thanks to Dims, Steve, and Jay.

Jay, starting with unit tests does seem like a great way to get going for
the reasons you mentioned, plus limiting damage (though I realize messed up
tests could be a hassle too, if a foul-up gates patch commits.)  I think
I'll take some time getting acquainted with Nova, mox and mock.  Please
point me to any good mock tutorials you happen to know (though I can see
lots of them plus the official docs), or any other resources you think
might help me spin up.  After this, I'll start a new topic with
[openstack-dev][nova] regarding this subject (or whatever you recommend.)

Sorry to sound like someone from last century, but is "#openstack-nova" a
twitter account?  I've yet to use Twitter, but this could be a good time to
get started.  (I don't text much either.  Old-school.  Yeah, I even still
use 'vi' a lot!)

Regards
Jeff