[openstack-dev] [openstack-infra] [tempest] [qa] How to make it possible to support multiple vendor storage drivers

Sheng Bo Hou sbhou at cn.ibm.com
Fri Jun 26 05:35:35 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I have submitted a spec in cinder and will implement the integration test
cases for volume migration for cinder in tempest.
The spec link is: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186327

Volume migration integration tests need a devstack environment configured
with multiple back-ends and multiple vendor drivers.
Currently I am write the volume migration cases for multiple back-ends and
vendor drivers, for example, one back-end for LVM and the other for
Storwize.
However, we need to MANUALLY configure the devstack environment to both
LVM and Storwize and then run the tests.

I was wondering if our gate test can AUTOMATICALLY connect to different
cinder back-end storage and setup the environment. Is it something that we
can make it happen in OpenStack?
For example, if I set
CINDER_ENABLED_BACKENDS=storwize:storwize-1,lvm:lvmdriver-1 in localrc,
the devstack will configure one back-end of LVM and the other back-end of
storwize for me. I need help from folks in [openstack-infra] [tempest]
[qa] teams for this potential work item.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Staff Software Engineer, Open Standards and Open Source Team, Emerging
Technology Institute, IBM China Software Development Lab

Tel: 86-10-82450778 Fax: 86-10-82453660
Notes ID: Sheng Bo Hou/China/IBM at IBMCN    E-mail: sbhou at cn.ibm.com
Address:3F Ring, Building 28 Zhongguancun Software Park, 8 Dongbeiwang
West Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.C.100193
地址:北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号楼环宇大厦3层 邮编:100193