[openstack-dev] [nova][qa] Do we turn on voting for the tempest-dsvm-cells job?

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Jun 23 12:13:40 UTC 2015

On 22 June 2015 at 23:03, Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> On 6/22/2015 4:38 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

That sounds like a good call.

For the record, cells v2 should fix this major issue, which is awesome.

I would be tempted to risk it, given the large gain, but I am a little
biased too.

But with us controlling the regex, that seems a much easier call to say yes.

>>> Regarding your "regex exodus", I recently added something for this.  In
>>> another project, I'm setting the regex in a file I keep in the code repo
>>> instead of project-config.
>>>
>>> support for DEVSTACK_GATE_SETTINGS in devstack-gate:
>>> https://review.openstack.org/190321
>>>
>>> usage in a job definition: https://review.openstack.org/190325
>>>
>>> a DEVSTACK_GATE_SETTINGS file that sets DEVSTACK_GATE_TEMPEST_REGEX:
>>> https://review.openstack.org/186894
>>>
>>> It all seems to be working for me, except I still need to tweak my regex
>>> to get the job passing, but at least I can do that without updating
>>> project-config now.
>>>

>> Awesome, that is way cleaner.  I'll go that route instead, thanks!
>>

> Here is the change that moves the regex into nova:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/194411/

This seems like a good best of both worlds. Awesome stuff.

Thanks,
John