[openstack-dev] [all] devstack plugin writers guide

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Jun 22 14:50:56 UTC 2015

On 06/22/2015 10:36 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Sean,
>
> Can we please add a bit about what things in devstack can they assume
> to be available when their script is running (example: can they use
> stuff from functions-common without actually sourcing it?)

Sure, the answer is that functions-common is *not* stable interface,
those are available, but subject to change without notice. i.e. use them
if you must, but realize you might need to react quickly chasing those
changes.

Functions in devstack/inc/ are considered a medium strong interface,
those include config file manipulation, python package installation,
rootwrap setup. We'll expand the set of contract functions over time,
but all those adds need to come with in tree unit tests so that we can
prevent accidental regressions on the contract.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net