[openstack-dev] [Stackalytics] Complementary projects

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jun 19 07:48:22 UTC 2015

Paul Belanger wrote:
> I am wondering the reason for the complementary projects listing[1] in
> Stackalytics?  Specifically, why does stackalytics-processor import
> docker and cloudfoundry projects into the stats?
>
> [1] http://stackalytics.com/?project_type=complementary&metric=commits

It's not a community decision. I'd say it is an editorial decision of
the current owner of the project and website. While we are trying to
move this project under the Infra project team and the Technical
Committee oversight, it is currently still a Stackforge project owned by
Mirantis.

Personally if we were to move it under Infra I would (1) remove the
complementary projects and (2) make sure that whoever wants to reuse
stackalytics code to track Docker / CloudFoundry activity can easily do so.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)