[openstack-dev] [packaging] RPM Packaging for OpenStack IRC Meeting

Dirk Müller dirk at dmllr.de
Fri Jun 12 16:47:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

A couple of packagers from RDO and SUSE met today on IRC to kick off
brain storming on unified upstream rpm packaging for OpenStack.

Please note: there are currently two movements going on: RDO would
like to move their Liberty packaging from github.com and gerrithub to
openstack gerrit, and RDO and SUSE would like to collaborate on
unified packaging. For the rest of the mail I'm only talking about the
latter.

The agreed goal is that by the time of the Liberty release, we have
all something that anyone interested like RDO and SUSE can use for
maintaining the packages for the whole Liberty maintenance lifecycle.
For the rest of the meeting we were quickly explaining our setups to
each other and shortly walked over the list of obvious differences
that we need to work on.

The meeting minutes have been captured here:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-rpm-packaging

We're planning to have a followup meetings to work some more on the issues and
are currently hanging out on #openstack-rpm-packaging on IRC.

Greetings,
Dirk