[openstack-dev] [global-requirements][pbr] tarball and git requirements no longer supported in requirements.txt

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jun 8 15:58:20 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-08 13:29:50 +1200 (+1200), Robert Collins wrote:
[...]
> However, we are going to move from test-requirements.txt to setup.cfg
> eventually, but thats a separate transition - and one could still use
> test-requirements.txt there to provide git references.

Except please don't. If you put a git requirement entry in that file
for neutron, every CI job which uses that test-requirements.txt will
reclone all of neutron over the network from scratch because pip
isn't smart enough to do otherwise unless you take additional
measures to preinstall that requirement in the environment where the
test is run. That's why we use tools like devstack-gate or
zuul-cloner which know how to check for cached repos and update them to
the ref that you've (or that zuul has) requested.
--
Jeremy Stanley