[openstack-dev] [all][api] 3 new guidelines entering freeze period

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Thu Jun 4 20:50:53 UTC 2015

The API working group has three new guidelines that are entering the 1
week freeze period. We would like to ask all PTLs and CPLs, and other
interested parties, to take a look at these reviews. We will use lazy
consensus at the end of the freeze to merge them if there are no objections.

Remember, these are guidelines, they are not meant to be taken as strict
rules "from on high" that must be followed or else </ominous music>. For
further information about the API working group and it's purpose, please
see the group wiki[1].

The three guidelines up for review are:

* Guidance on 500 internal server error,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/179365

* Clarification on state-conflicting requests,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/180094

* Clarification on when to use 409, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/179386

thanks,
mike