[openstack-dev] Targeting icehouse-eol?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jun 3 14:06:29 UTC 2015

Following on the thread about no longer doing stable point releases [1]
at the summit we talked about doing icehouse-eol pretty soon [2].

I scrubbed the open stable/icehouse patches last week and we're down to
at least one screen of changes now [3].

My thinking was once we've processed that list, i.e. either approved
what we're going to approve or -2 what we aren't, then we should proceed
with doing the icehouse-eol tag and deleting the branch.

Is everyone generally in agreement with doing this soon?  If so, then
I'm thinking target a week from today for the stable maint core team to
scrub the list of open reviews in the next week and we then get the
infra team to tag the branch and close it out.

The only open question I have is if we need to do an Icehouse point
release prior to the tag and dropping the branch, but I don't think
that's happened in the past with branch end of life - the eol tag
basically serves as the placeholder to the last 'release'.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-May/065144.html
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-relmgt-stable-branch
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+branch:stable/icehouse,n,z

Matt Riedemann