[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Tags, explain like I am five?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 17:43:57 UTC 2015

On 07/15/2015 03:27 PM, John Griffith wrote:
> It's relatively limited right now I think, and part of the reason for
> that is we've tried to ensure that the information that we put on tags
> is subjective

I think you mean "objective" here, and throughout this, not
"subjective". We try as much as possible for the tag definitions to have
a clear list of requirements -- preferably driven by some data source
like a script that queries stackalytics -- that can be used in applying
the tag to a project.

 >, and at the same time doesn't give any false impression
> that something is "good" or "bad".  We just wanted to have tags to
> easily convey some general information about a project to help people
> gain at least a little insight into a project, how it's managed, what
> sort of community is contributing to it etc.
>
> As we move into things like the "compute starter kit" it gets a bit less
> subjective, but not really too much.

It got a bit *more* subjective, not less subjective :) Or perhaps you
meant "prescriptive"?

Best,
-jay