[openstack-dev] [trove] Confused about nova_proxy_admin_* settings

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jan 21 00:05:25 UTC 2015

I've been looking at how the 3 nova_proxy_admin_* settings are used. I'm
coming to the conclusion that I'm confused:

E.g I note that a standard devstack (stable/juno branch) with trove
enabled sets these as follows:

nova_proxy_admin_pass =
nova_proxy_admin_tenant_name = trove
nova_proxy_admin_user = radmin

However there is no 'radmin' user (or role) created in keystone, so the
settings above cannot possibly work (if they were needed/used). Some
experimentation involving removing these three settings from all of the
trove config files seems to support the idea that they are in fact not
needed, which has me somewhat puzzled.

If someone could shed some light here that would be awesome!

Thanks

Mark